Location: North Rockhampton, QLD
Date advertised: 31st March 2017
Job Type: Full time
The Anglican Parish of North Rockhampton is looking for a qualified person to join their team to minister to children, youth and young adults within the Parish and in the local community.
The position encompasses both church ministry as well as ministry at Central Queensland University.
The successful applicant will be an ordained Deacon or Priest in the Anglican Church of Australia, or be in the process of being ordained.
- To Minister to Children and Youth in the Parish
- To Select, Train and Develop Teams for all Children and Youth Ministries
- To Develop Ministry to University Students at CQU
- To Develop a Young Adult/University Congregation
- To Develop Programs + Events that Connect and Engage with New Families
- To Challenge our Structures + Culture to become more Family Friendly
- To Assist the Rector in Parish Leadership + Ministry
- A committed Christian and someone with a deep love for Jesus and living sacrificially for Him.
- Theologically trained with a heart for God’s word, and experience in applying it to your life and family. Competent in handling God’s Word in preaching and in small groups.
- Pastorally trained, with a teachable heart and a desire to disciple people and help them mature in Christ.
- Missionally motivated with a passion for the lost and creativity in connecting with them.
- Experience in Children’s and Youth Ministry, with the ability to relate to them, and the skills to train leaders to better minister to them.
- Relationally mature and the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Competent in tech and computer literate.
The position is fulltime.
It will include housing, either provided or an allowance.
The Rockhampton Diocese employs people in line with the Diocese of Brisbane.
The salary package will vary depending upon whether the successful candidate is a lay minister/deacon/priest and whether training is completed or not.
To apply or for further queries, please contact Ven. Tom Henderson-Brooks Rector, North Rockhampton Anglican Church (Archdeacon for Mission + Training) at email@example.com or on 0410 636 603.