Case Manager - Pastoral Care & Assistance Scheme
Location: Telopea, NSW
Date advertised: 7th March 2017
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
- 2 year fixed term contract - Part time role 2 days/week (flexible)
- Case Management experience working with children
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation, Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About the Pastoral Care and Assistance Scheme:
Critical to the organisation in achieving its Christian mission and purpose is the provision of an appropriate, just, and compassionate response to survivors who approach us having been abused in one of the Homes which the Sydney Anglican Home Mission Society is responsible.
The Pastoral Care and Assistance Scheme is a redress Scheme which has been in operation since 2004 to meet this need.
It is an alternative to litigation and operates on a restorative justice model, providing tangible assistance, both through services and a financial payment.
About the role:
This role will report to the General Manager, Mission and Partnership, based at Telopea.
This significant role will facilitate, manage and finalise claims through the Pastoral Care and Assistance Scheme, with respect to allegations of historic abuse which may include psychological, physical, emotional and/or sexual abuse by Anglicare staff, or workers in Homes and other institutions for the care of children, formerly operated by Anglicare or the Church of England in the Sydney Diocese.
This will entail pastoral care of claimants, case management, along with research and administration.
This position will suit a compassionate and resilient individual with experience in Social Work and/or Counselling.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Relevant Social Work Degree Qualification or Relevant Counselling Degree Qualification
- Knowledge / understanding of effects of historic childhood trauma and /or abuse
- Proven skills in pastoral care of clients, ability to interact with the spiritual care of clients.
- Familiarity with child protection issues and knowledge of the Child Protection legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ease in telephone interactions.
- Proven experience with the community sector and in a case management role with individuals with complex needs.
- Excellent planning, coordinating, organising, time management and administration skills.
- Well-developed report writing, review and evaluation skills.
- Proven ability with assessment and referral.
- Proven ability in working with people from varying socio-economic and diverse CALD backgrounds.
- Knowledge and understanding of community services and how people can access them.
- Active involvement in a church or Christian fellowship.
- Ability to support and promote the Christian Mission and Values of Anglicare.
It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.