Location: Malabar and Nowra, NSW
Date advertised: 29th June 2017
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
- Permanent part-time positions (2 days per week)
- Located in Malabar (Sydney’s East) and Nowra (Shoalhaven)
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of others
- For immediate start
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation, Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About the job:
Our Chaplaincy team consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers.
This position is open to men or women who are an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or lay minister who are eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare chaplain.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work in a rewarding ministry and make a genuine difference in the lives of others.
The successful candidate is required to work 2 days per week including occasional weekend work at either our residential care home in Malabar or Woonona.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide a Christ centred pastoral approach;
- Support Christian residents, facilitating their ongoing spiritual growth (preaching, bible studies etc.) and enable non-Christian residents to explore the Christian faith; and
- Provide pastoral support to the families of residents and Anglicare staff when needed.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia (preferred), currently licensed within Diocese of Sydney or eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop or a layperson with the minimum of a three year tertiary qualifications in theology/ministry who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney;
- Five years ministry experience in a parish or chaplaincy setting;
- Demonstrated competence in pastoral ministry, preferably with older persons;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work harmoniously with others;
- A membership of an Anglican congregation/parish;
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith; and
- Current and valid driver’s licence.
To be successful you will be an active and keen Christian with formal theological or pastoral qualifications coupled ideally with experience in pastoral care of seniors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of residents.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit: https://agedcare.anglicare.org.au/jobs/
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.