Children and Families Minister
Location: Rowville, VIC
Date advertised: 10th August 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30 September 2017
RAFT is an evangelical church in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne that is committed to bringing the people of Rowville, Ferntree Gully, and the world to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
RAFT is seeking a godly and gifted person to: share Jesus with children and their parents in our parish, and disciple families in our church.
Area of ministry: Children and Parents-of-children
Start date: 1 January 2018 (negotiable)
Hours per week: 20 hours
Budget responsibility: A budget of $4,500 for 12 months
Team working with:
Staff: Senior Pastor (Vicar), Assistant Curate, and Administrator &
Church Members: A large team of leaders and church members
Report to: Senior Pastor (Vicar)
Compliance: Valid Working With Children Check and a fit Police Check
Role and how it relates to the organisation’s mission:
RAFT’s mission is to bring the people of Rowville and Ferntree Gully - and the world - to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and grow in their knowledge of Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
The Children’s & Families’ Minister is therefore tasked with sharing Jesus with children and their parents in Rowville and Ferntree Gully and in discipling children and their parents in RAFT in following Jesus.
- Overseeing (planning, leading and contributing to) the Sunday Children’s Church.
- Overseeing (planning and organising) the 10:30am Children’s Talk ministry.
- Contributing to and participating in the 10:30am family service.
- Overseeing (planning and co-ordinating) the Playgroup and Mainly Music ministries.
- Overseeing the Save Our Sanity mothers’ outreach small group.
- Planning, co-ordinating, and leading annual family outreach events such as “Light the Night” and “The Night Before Christmas Eve”.
- Leading a regular biblical parenting course.
- Leading the Lord’s Supper Preparation course for children.
- Leading the children’s discipleship course Epic Explorers (Christianity Explored).
- Co-ordinating and training the Kids Hope mentors for Karoo Primary School.
- Training and induction of members contributing to the Children’s & Families’ ministry.
- Knowing and complying with federal and state legislated requirements concerning working with children.
- Reporting to the parish council on a bi-monthly basis.
Skill, experience and attributes:
- A person who first demonstrates godliness and second proves giftedness.
- A solid commitment to evangelical theology - the priority of the bible, cross, conversion, and mission.
- A passion for evangelism and discipleship.
- Experience in children’s ministry in a local church, or a parachurch organisation, or who has teaching experience.
- Willing to work within the structures and doctrine of the Anglican church.
A qualification in Children’s Ministry such as a theological degree or an education degree with additional theological training.
Benefits to RAFT:
- Overseeing, leading, co-ordinating, and initiating sharing the gospel with families in the parish and growing families in the church in faith in the gospel.
- Championing RAFT as a family church and growing RAFT’s capacity and dedication to discipling families in the community and church.