Location: Rooty Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 12th September 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 9th October 2017
Who we are:
We are an Evangelical Reformed Anglican Church with over 900 adults and children meeting each Sunday from 70 different cultures.
Our vision is to see lives transformed through Jesus Christ to the glory of God in the multicultural west of Sydney and Rooty Hill in particular.
We have a specialized ministry model with staff serving across congregations.
Who we are looking for:
We are searching for a children’s minister (4 days per week) who has an infectious love for Jesus and is above reproach (1Tim 3).
- Theological qualification preferred
- Humility marked by teachable attitude
- Commitment to a reformed, evangelical, complementarian position
- Conviction and passion for children and family ministry
- Heart for lost children and families of Western Sydney
- Strong communicator
- Excellent leadership gifts
- Demonstrated ability to raise teams of volunteers for ministry
- Demonstrated ability to equip teams of volunteers for ministry
- Ability to work in an ethnically diverse church across all ages
- Self starter
- Works well with the staff team as first priority
- Will secure a mentor who is more experienced esp. in the area of leading leaders
- Have a lot of fun!
- Familiar with Purpose Driven Church model
- Approximately 3 years experience working in a ministry role in a voluntary capacity
- A good working understanding of social media
- Experience teaching children of all age groups
Task & Responsibilities Include:
- Envision children’s ministry teams
- Create a discipleship culture across all children’s ministry teams
- Raise teams of volunteers for various children’s ministries
- Disciple Team Leaders
- Oversee leadership development and coaching of teaching teams
- Promote the gospel in our local schools and community
- Work closely with staff and high level volunteers to help new children/families make the next step
To apply or get more information, please contact:
Sandy Galea: email@example.com or (02) 9677 0133
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: October 9th, 2017
Ideal Commencement Date: January 2018