Chinese Ministry Pastor
Location: Tuggerah, NSW
Date advertised: 18th April 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
1. Key Role Objectives
To promote The Lakes vision and mission as it pertains to Chinese people and their families who live on the Central Coast. That is:
- Vision – We want Jesus’ love and God’s Word to so fill us and overflow from us that all Chinese people and their families living on the Central Coast have compelling reason to follow Jesus.
- Mission – We seek to engage personally with every Chinese person on the Central Coast to help them start following Jesus, connect with his people, grow in knowing Jesus and serve in love.
2. Key Responsibilities
a) Chinese Congregation - To establish and grow a weekly Chinese congregation that remains deeply connected with the other ministries of The Lakes.
b) Connection with The Lakes - Ensure that The Lakes Chinese Ministry remains deeply connected with the broader ministries of The Lakes.
c) Implement Purposes - Ensure the purposes of The Lakes church are being effectively implemented within the Chinese Ministry.
d) Healthy Maturity Pathways - Ensure good transitions between purposes as Chinese people and their families become Christians, connect into church and grow in Christ.
e) Healthy Age Transitions - Ensure that as children of Chinese parents grow they are encouraged and helped in being part of Sunday School, Youth Groups and Young Adult ministries.
f) Fundraising - Take responsibility to achieve the budgeted targets of giving from outside and inside The Lakes.
a) Accountability - The Chinese Pastor directly reports to the Senior Pastor of The Lakes.
b) Direct Staff Reports - Chinese ministry volunteers and Chinese MTS trainees will report directly to the Chinese Pastor.
c) Working with - The church staff team, church administration committee and other Chinese organisations such as Sydney Chinese churches and CCMA.
4. Other Professional Responsibilities
a) Christian Discipleship - Maintain a consistent life of pray and seeking the Lord in His word and be committed to providing godly leadership in family life, in a way that can be observed by the church.
b) Professional Development and ongoing study of the Word - Maintain an ongoing program of professional development and study of the word of God.
c) Maintain Professional Standards and safe ministry practice - Understand The Lakes code of conduct, abide by it and hold those who report to you accountable to it.
d) WH&S & Risk Management - Be appropriately responsible under the Work Health and Safety legislation for the health and safety of persons for whom you are responsible, including the reporting injuries and that hazards are identified and addressed.
5. Selection Criteria
Candidates for this position will ideally:
- Be theologically qualified with a Bachelor of Theology or equivalent.
- Be able to speak fluently in English and Mandarin. Cantonese is desirable.
- Show evidence of a life of discipleship in following Jesus.
- Have a proven ability to think strategically.
- Be willing to work well in a team context and submitting to leadership of the Senior Pastor.
- Be a proven Team leader who is committed to building and valuing a team ministry.
- Demonstrate personal and passionate commitment to evangelism and discipleship.
- Be able to preach clearly, faithfully and compellingly.
- Have familiarity and experience in computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Have current NSW driver’s license.
For further information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org