Location: Summer Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 31st March 2017
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Must have a minimum 3 years clinical experience in counselling
- Based in Summer Hill with outreach to Gladesville and other areas as required
- Permanent position, up to 76 hours per fortnight with some flexibility
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation. We are now trading as Anglicare. As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About the role:
You will provide relationship and family counselling across a broad range of client groups.
You will conduct group work and presentations on topics including relationships, trauma and abuse, life transitions, loss and grief, emotional health and well-being
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide a professional and therapeutic family and relationship counselling service
- Develop, present and evaluate projects as negotiated with the managers. These may include group work (therapeutic and/or educational), training workshops, preparation of materials and case presentations
- Maintain and present accurate records of client data and statistics
- Work collaboratively with other team members to ensure efficient and effective service delivery
- Work collaboratively with parishes and other relevant local organisations
Essential skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling
- Minimum 3 years clinical experience in counselling
- Capacity to work therapeutically with a broad range of client groups
- Knowledge and training in trauma –informed practice, mental health and well-being, life transitions, couple and family relationships
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Computer skills and highly developed verbal and written communication skills
Please address essential criteria in your cover letter.
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via http://careers.pageuppeople.com/746/cw/en/job/494881
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.