Domestic Violence Adviser
Location: Villawood, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd May 2017
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Must have a sound understanding of family violence and willingness to work collaboratively and support the work of parishes in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation. We are now trading as Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus.
Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
You will oversee quality service provision in relation to Family Violence in Anglicare and equip and enable parishes in the Sydney Diocese in response to Family Violence.
You will facilitate training and develop programs for the Sydney Diocese and build relationships with Sydney Diocese ministers and workers.
The successful candidate must have a NSW driver licence and comprehensively insured vehicle, be personable, a strong communicator with well-rounded knowledgeable about Domestic Violence.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures Anglicare programs meet best practice standards in relation to the provision of Family Violence by ensuring appropriate and relevant processes are in place.
- Ensures staff providing Family Violence services within their program area are appropriately trained and equipped by ensuring appropriate resources and processes are in place.
- Ensures parishes are well equipped and able to respond to family violence situations by providing appropriate resources.
- Ensures programs offered to parishes are appropriate to the needs of Sydney Anglican churches by providing information that is well documented and evidence based as far as possible.
- Ensures contact and engagement with parishes occurs by collaboration with the Partnership Development Team and Community Services management team
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Bachelor of Social Work or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Experience in the development and delivery of Family Violence programs
- Experience in working with/within Anglican parishes as volunteer or staff
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/746/cw/en/job/494801
If you have any questions please contact Anne Gan, Recruitment Officer.
Anne.Gan@anglicare.org.au; 02 9421 5344
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.