Early Childhood Teacher (Maternity Position)
Location: Balgowlah Heights, NSW
Date advertised: 10th April 2017
Job Type: Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: Monday 8 May 2017
- Christian Not-for-Profit Pre-School
- Cohesive, long-term team
- Local, community environment
- Attractive employment conditions
St. James Kindy at Balgowlah Heights (30 place preschool) requires an enthusiastic, caring and experienced Early Childhood Teacher with a strong Christian commitment to commence at the beginning of Term 3.
The appointed ECT would work 3 days per week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 12 month, temporary maternity position, though it could possibly continue and extend into a permanent position.
About the Pre-School
A unique opportunity has become available for an Early Childhood Teacher in a community-focussed and Christian not-for-profit Pre-School.
Adjacent to harbour-side parklands and a two minute walk from one of Sydney's most spectacular Harbour views, St James' Kindergarten is a peaceful and secluded environment for learning.
As a 30 place centre, children typically attend St James' Kindergarten for the two years prior to school, 3-4 year olds attend Thursday/Friday, whilst 4-5 year olds attend Monday – Wednesday.
The pre-school operates 9.00am-3.30pm Monday through Friday during school terms. The Pre-School is also blessed with an active Parent Support Group and a supportive Management Committee.
The staff are extremely competent, mature and friendly and currently include 3 university trained staff.
Four staff are present most of the day (instead of the required three) which provides some flexibility for everyone. In addition there is part-time administrative support.
The Pre-School was established as a ministry of All Saints' Anglican Church, Balgowlah.
The church and the Pre-School continue to collaborate in sharing the good news of Jesus with the children and their families.
The Pre-School programme prepares children for their formal years of education in a Christian environment.
Find out more at http://www.stjameskindy.com.au
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to:
- Develop and implement a learning program founded on the centres philosophy incorporating the Early Years Learning Framework and following the National Quality Standards
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment that promotes the physical, social, emotional, physical, spiritual, cognitive development of the children involved.
The full-time hours are 8 am to 4 pm during school terms.
The right candidate for this role will have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ACECQA approved)
- A strong Christian commitment and a passion for sharing the good news of Jesus with children and their families.
- Willingness to take on the role of Responsible Person when required.
- A sound understanding and working knowledge of the Education and Care Services National Regulations, National Quality Framework and the Early Years Learning Framework.
- Experience in developmental programming and a desire to be the Educational Leader.
- Excellent organisational and teamwork skills.
- Successfully completed an approved Child Protection Course.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training (ACECQA approved).
- An active involvement in a local church and a willingness to promote All Saints' Anglican Church to kindy families.
- Ability to work within the centre's philosophy.
- A friendly, natural manner with both children and parents.
- Computer literacy, particularly in teaching and documentation of children's learning and development
- Observe and record children's growth, development and behaviour.
- Build good open communication with children, families and staff.
- Develop strategies to guide positive children's behaviour.
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic and safe.
Only Australian citizens are encouraged to apply.
Send application and CV to St. James Kindy Committee at email@example.com by Monday 8 May.
Enquiries to Debbie on 02 9949 7840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit http://www.stjameskindy.com.au