Family Worker - SHIFT program
Date advertised: 14th September 2017
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
- 12 months Fixed Term Part Time position – 3 days a week
- Based at Wollongong and will be required to travel to Gymea
- Must have previous experience working with vulnerable families and willingness to work collaboratively with parishes in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
SHIFT (Support and Housing Initiative for Families in Transition) is an initiative of Anglicare that offers low cost transitional housing to vulnerable families.
Our priority groups are refugee families with children and families fleeing domestic violence.
As a Family Worker, you will provide case management services to families in transition through the SHIFT program through support, advocacy and referral pathways with local service providers.
A key focus is to empower clients to address short and long term challenges.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures that individual needs of clients are met by providing a case plan that is developed with the client, is clearly defined and with achievable outcomes.
- Ensures that relationships with clients are well developed by meeting regularly in a variety of settings in the community and/or at the client’s home.
- Ensures that clients are fully supported to progress and achieve desired outcomes by conducting regular case reviews with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures that an efficient and effective client service is delivered by building linkages with key community partners, working collaboratively with relevant parties and making referrals as appropriate. This includes developing strong relationships with local parishes.
- Ensures that documentation and data collection meets organisational, legislative and funding requirements by completing and maintaining appropriate client documentation and statistical information.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or welfare/ community services
- NSW Drivers licence and owns a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Previous experience working with vulnerable families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in trauma informed practice and working with clients in situations of domestic violence
Ability to work with Real Estate Agents, along with knowledge of the housing market is desirable.
Please complete the online application form via our careers website by visiting http://jobs.arv.org.au/cw/en/job/495222/family-worker-shift-program
We’re looking for a Family Worker who is passionate about working closely with local parishes to care for the vulnerable. Sounds like you? Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.