Full Time Minister
Location: St Ives/Terrey Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 27th July 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 25 August 2017
The Parish of St Ives is seeking to appoint a full time Assistant Minister to lead our branch church, St Paul’s Terrey Hills, from early 2018.
The large evangelical Anglican Parish of St Ives spans two distinct suburbs in Sydney’s north, and is served by two churches: Christ Church St Ives – a large regional hub, and St Paul’s Terrey Hills – a smaller branch church.
Our vision is to build wholehearted disciples of Christ as part of a growing family of churches, reaching into our community, across the city and around the world with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
St Paul’s Terrey Hills is a warmly inclusive, family-friendly congregation with a high level of congregational engagement in ministry.
The people of St Paul’s take responsibility to serve Terrey Hills, Duffys Forest and nearby communities with the gospel of Jesus.
These suburban / semi-rural areas have been stable for decades but this is about to change with the planned release of rezoned crown land in the adjoining suburb of Ingleside.
The Minister of St Paul’s will be a key member of the St Ives staff team and will be responsible for overseeing and leading the St Paul’s congregation and its multi-faceted ministries.
He will refresh and implement a vision for growing the gospel at and through St Paul’s.
He will ensure that members are increasingly mature in Christ and that together they prayerfully share the gospel with unbelieving family, friends and neighbours.
- A mature Christian who is above reproach;
- An able and confident pastor-teacher with demonstrated gifts in evangelism;
- Reformed Evangelical convictions and theological training to Bachelor level;
- Ability to work in a role which is largely independent while also being part of a broader staff team;
- A passion for ministry to youth and children in the context of the whole family;
- Anglican ordination, preferably as a presbyter;
- At least two years relevant experience (ideal).
To obtain an information pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications 25 August 2017.