F/T Youth Minister
Location: Wentworth Falls, NSW
Date advertised: 12th June 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
Holy Trinity is a busy community church in the upper Blue Mountains west of Sydney.
Our three priorities as a church are sharing the gospel, making young disciples, and gathering for growth.
We have three congregations of around 50 adults who each meet in our main church building on Sundays.
We are looking for a full time Youth Minister to oversee our Sunday-night youth group, bring a youth-focus to evening church, and reach out to youth in the area and local high-schools.
Purpose of the Role
The Youth Minister is dedicated to our second priority as a church: making young disciples, focussing on ages from Yr 6 through to university.
They will invest in long-term youth discipleship and develop the youth leadership pipeline, while pastoring young adults including youth leaders.
Their congregational focus will be 5pm church, but will also focus on late primary students at 10:30am church.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Youth Group oversight and development
- Entrepreneurial outreach to local youth
- Discipling of youth and young adults
- 5pm church involvement
- Schools ministry and partnerships
- Assisting the Senior Minister
Holy Trinity has recently merged our 20 youth with half a dozen from Leura Anglican church.
As a result, this role currently involves partnering with the Senior Minister of Leura (a former youth pastor).
The group meets at Holy Trinity after evening church, so the person in this role is the strategic link between church and youth group.
The Youth Minister will not be responsible for pastoring evening church, but will contribute significantly to shaping the feel and direction of the service in order to minister to youth.
- Youth program leadership and coordination
- Recruiting, training, mentoring youth leaders
- Lead a young-adult Bible study
- Liaise with other ministries (e.g. Sunday School, Boys Brigade) & churches on youth strategy
- Giving regular youth group talks and preaching monthly across services
- Leading a regular ISCF group or SRE class at a local high-school
- Leading services at 5pm and attending 5pm committee meetings
- Teaching Yr5-6 Sunday school at 10:30am church
- Following up new youth at evening church and their families
- Training MTS or Yr 13 young people
- Occasional funerals and special services when the Senior Minister is unavailable
- Occasionally leading evangelistic or youth ministry training courses
Character, conviction, competencies
We are seeking someone who:
- Loves the Lord Jesus and is committed to the scriptures
- Agrees with the creeds and the 39 Articles
- Relates well to youth and their parents
- Communicates naturally and effectively
- Manages their time well and is faithful to their commitments
- Has an active devotional life and is proactive in personal development
To apply please send a copy of your resume to the Senior Minister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- at least two referees (one being your present senior minister)
- a paragraph on your philosophy of youth ministry
- a link to a recent sermon recording