Manager, Human Resources
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 27th June 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 31 July 2017
- Part-time role based in Sydney CBD (equivalent to 4 days per week)
- Flexible hours and scope to lead broad range of HR & Communications initiatives
- Use your skills and experience to support the Sydney Diocese of the Anglican Church
The Sydney Diocesan Secretariat (SDS) is looking for an experienced HR Manager to manage the operational and strategic human resources aspects of our business.
The role is responsible for a small client base of up to 80 staff and will also oversee some new communication initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of SDS’s internal and external communication.
About Sydney Diocesan Secretariat
SDS provides centralised professional support for 272 parishes, a number of diocesan organisations, the Archbishop of Sydney and his senior clergy team in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney. These services include finance, investment, property, regulatory, legal and technology support.
You will be responsible for planning, implementing and advising on all human resources related activities including:
- Staff recruitment, on-boarding and separation activities
- Policy development and delivery
- Performance management process
- Staff learning and development
- Staff engagement initiatives
- Workplace health and safety
- Interface for external payroll provider
- Overseeing Communication initiatives
- Partnering with senior managers to ensure a high performing culture in accordance with Christian principles and sound commercial practices.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary degree in HR or related experience, preferably in a senior human resource management position
- Sound knowledge of employment and WHS principles
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
- Great attention to details and a positive, proactive attitude
- Payroll experience would be an advantage
- Coaching and leadership experience with the ability to build effective relationships
As a senior member of the SDS team, the ideal candidate will be committed to the core values and mission of the Sydney Anglican Church and is preferably a member of an Anglican Church in the Sydney Diocese.
How to Apply
Please apply to Jillian Fulcher on email@example.com by Monday 31 July 2017.
Enquiries are welcome on 9265 1555.