Manager - Word one to one
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 9th May 2017
Job Type: Full time
City Bible Forum is seeking a candidate with drive and initiative for the new position of Manager, Word one to one.
The Word one to one is a new resource designed for two people to read and understand the Gospel of John. Originating in the UK, it is now widely used around the world.
The role of the Manager will be to promote the use of the Word one to one materials throughout Australia.
The Manager reports to an Advisory Committee who are overseeing the expansion of this resource in Australia.
Employed by City Bible Forum, the Manager will be supervised day to day by the Managing Director of City Bible Forum.
Primary Purpose of the Role
The primary task of the Manager is to assist the Advisory Committee in the execution of the vision to see churches and individuals across Australia embracing the Word 121.
Leading by example, you will be a passionate user of the resource and will have the ability to motivate others to adopt it.
You will be an active Christian with a love for people and concern for their spiritual state.
City Bible Forum's Christian values are intrinsic to the overall organisational culture and work environment.
It is therefore critical that you support our values of respect, humility and patience and can demonstrate authentic Christian leadership.
You will need to easily collaborate and engage with people regardless of their level and background.
You will be a self starter who is able to build networks and systems to achieve the desired growth.
You will be able to build strong relationships internally and with partners.
The role requires good strategic planning skills, project management capability, an intuitive business sense and strong interpersonal skills.
- Recruiting church leaders and interested Christians to attend regional training sessions to demonstrate the effectiveness of Word one to one
- Promoting Word one to one through conferences and theological conferences
- Working with partner organisations to raise awareness of Word one to one (particularly City Bible Forum and Bible Society of Australia)
- Responding to enquiries from promotional campaigns and the website.
- Tracking sales of Word one to one
- Monitoring usage of Word one to one with people investigating Christianity
- Developing tools to assist Christians and churches in the effective use of Word one to one
- Collecting and communicating stories of Christians using the Word one to one with their friends
- Growing a database of users and key champions of Word one to one
- Building a network which could fund the on-going growth of Word one to one
You will work closely with the Managing Director and report regularly to the Advisory Committee. You will provide input to the strategic direction of the ministry.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in management and sales will be highly regarded. Ministry and theological training is also beneficial
- Candidates could come from a ministry, business, human resources or allied health background
- High level of organisational skills
- Excellent listening skills are essential
- Strong written and oral communication skills are a distinct advantage
- A focus on results and reporting is essential
For further information or to apply please contact Peter Kaldor on firstname.lastname@example.org