Location: Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 13th February 2017
Job Type: Full time, Temporary/Contract
Closing Date: 1st March 2017
Youthworks is seeking a Ministry Coordinator to join our Ministry Support team.
The Ministry Support Team provides Safe Ministry training throughout the diocese of Sydney on behalf of the Professional Standards Team.
Secondly it provides training and accreditation for throughout the diocese for Primary School SRE teachers.
It also hosts the SRE Office on behalf of the Archbishop.
Lastly it provides advisory and coaching services to churches and their leaders regarding children’s and youth ministry.
As Ministry Coordinator you will be an integral part of the efficient and effective administration of our ministries and events.
The successful applicant will need to be:
- a committed Christian who is active in their local church
- skilled in organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority
- proficient in using a range of software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
- well-developed in written and verbal communication skills with a focus on providing strong customer service
- systematic and focused in their approach to tasks with a strong attention to detail
Experience in marketing and or event management qualifications is desirable but not essential.
The roles/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support for phone enquiries, general correspondence and administrative assistance.
- Providing event preparation and logistical support for events, conferences, meetings or training
This position is a 12 month maternity leave position with the possibility of employment extension for the right person.
Remuneration will be between $45 - $55k, subject to experience and qualifications.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply.
A valid Working with Children Check number must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
To apply submit in writing a cover letter and resume to the Head of Ministry Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include at least 1 past employer and your current church minister as referees.
For additional information please contact Jon on 0412 679 771.