Location: Rouse Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 12th July 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 18 August 2017
Who we are:
Rouse Hill Anglican Church is situated in Sydney’s North West growth corridor, and has been growing steadily since being planted in 2004.
Our local area is in the midst of a construction boom of new homes and apartments, with Rouse Hill’s population projected to more than double during the next 5 years.
Because the grace of Jesus changes lives, Rouse Hill Anglican Church seeks to make and grow disciples of Jesus who long to serve Him and others, and who reach out with Jesus’s gracious love to the people of Sydney’s North West..
We are seeking to appoint a new team member having a special focus on outreach, to commence in January 2018.
Tasks & Responsibilities will include:
Developing the mission-heartedness and outreach effectiveness of our existing members, and coaching all of our members in the graces of personal witness.
Overseeing, facilitating, and initiating effective and fruitful gospel work across our existing congregations, and spearheading our vision to start a third congregation for the purpose of reaching the thousands of new neighbours moving into our suburb.
Running our Christianity Explored courses, and raising up and training future able leaders for running such courses, and developing an effective pathway of “next steps” for people who undertake Christianity Explored.
Strengthening our church’s presence in the community by developing fruitful community connection activities and events.
Developing the purpose of effective witness and outreach across all our existing ministries.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An able, engaging teacher of God`s word who can model how to contextualize the gospel
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- A humble, teachable attitude
- A commitment to a reformed, evangelical and complementarian theological position
- A previous history of fruitful ministry work with a demonstrated commitment to and track-record with outreach and personal evangelism (including experience in training others in personal evangelism, and experience in leadership within a congregation)
- A commitment to working as part of a team of both and unpaid staff and lay leaders
- Suitable theological qualifications
How to apply?
Email your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Applications Close: August 18, 2017