Location: Rooty Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 20th June 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 18 August 2017
Who we are:
We are an evangelical, reformed Anglican church with over 1000 adults and children from 70 different cultures meeting each Sunday.
Our vision is to see lives transformed through Jesus Christ to the glory of God in the multicultural west of Sydney and Rooty Hill in particular.
We have a specialized ministry model with staff serving across congregations.
Who we are looking for:
We are searching for a full-time mission pastor who has an infectious love for Jesus and is above reproach (1 Tim 3).
Mission purpose: Loving the world first and foremost by proclaiming the gospel of our lord Jesus Christ and secondly, by doing good to all – individually & corporately, locally and globally
The role of the mission pastor is to enable MBM to effectively embrace and pursue the purpose of mission within all ministries of MBM.
Tasks & Responsibilities include:
The prime focus of the mission pastor at MBM is to oversee, facilitate, and initiate effective and fruitful gospel work among the various people groups represented in both MBM and the western suburbs of Sydney.
The different groups to be reached cover a wide range of cultures, subcultures and demographics across all ages and stages of life.
The mission pastor will also have responsibility to maintain, improve and expand:
- The overall mission-mindset of each member and each ministry of MBM.
- Explaining Christianity and Firm Foundation courses.
- Overseas mission work (short and long term) and support for our missionaries.
- Oversight of justice and mercy ministries at MBM and overseas. (e.g. ESL, Compassion etc.).
The mission pastor reports directly to the senior pastor and is a member of the senior staff team.
- humble, marked by teachable attitude.
- a heart for the lost of western Sydney.
- a clear teacher of God`s word who can contextualize the gospel.
- excellent leadership & communication skills.
- ability to work in an ethnically diverse church across all ages.
- self-starter and entrepreneurial.
- works well with the staff team as first priority.
- secure a mentor who is more experienced in mission.
- a commitment to a reformed, evangelical and complementarian position.
- have a lot of fun!
Desirable (Not Essential):
- familiar with a ‘purpose-shaped’ church structure
- has achieved approximately 5 years of fruitful, relevant ministry work
- suitable theological qualifications
The candidate would need to have demonstrated fruitfulness and experience in:
- personal evangelism and discipleship.
- training and equipping people for effective evangelism.
- facilitating fruitful outreach into various communities.
- raising up and training leaders for mission.
For more information please contact Dave Jensen by email Dave@mbm.org.au or call the office on (02) 9677 0133.
To apply for this position please send your CV to:
Ray Galea via email@example.com
Applications Close: August 18th, 2017
Ideal Commencement Date: January 2nd, 2018