Location: Annandale, NSW
Date advertised: 28th August 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
Village Church Annandale is looking to employ a new staff team member in 2018 to lead our mission efforts to see men and women in the inner west of Sydney come to know, love, trust and obey the Lord Jesus.
We’re looking for a team player who can work to bring about the senior minister Dominic Steele’s vision alongside Village’s other focus pastors (Maturity, Membership, Magnification and Ministry).
We’re looking for a creative individual who can suggest and implement new strategies to reach the lost.
You'll be encouraged to apply your unique gifts and skills to support and extend the work of the ministry team and to identify, raise up and train members of Village to assist in seeing people come to know Jesus.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote the vision, mission and values of Village Church.
- Assess, develop and implement appropriate outreach programs
- Plan, administer, and direct mission and evangelism-centered activities aiming to connect with the wider community, and then through Introducing God courses and 1:1 meetings to help people come to a saving relationship with Jesus.
- Plan and lead Bible studies in group or one to one settings
- Assist individuals with personal evangelism
- Promote our existing missionaries to the congregation
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers
- Train members in Godliness, how to read the scriptures, personal evangelism, and personal follow up
- Mobilise the effort of members of Village, and give direction to strive for the vision, mission and values of Village;.
- Help people into membership in our church through outreach programs, hospitality, welcoming and discipling.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting, staff training and 1:1 meeting with our senior pastor.
- A personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Love and desire to work with different ministry opportunities
- Works well with people
- An example to church members in Godliness of life
Will be applicable to the position and the individual's level of experience.
For information or to apply or to receive a copy of our Vision document, please contact Penny Wolf (email@example.com) 9660 2444.