Location: West Pennant Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 4th April 2017
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
- P/T 3 days per week
- 12 mth maternity leave contract
St Matthew's Anglican Church is a reformed evangelical Anglican church located in the north west of Sydney, NSW.
We are seeking an experienced Office Administrator who will develop and grow an established Church office team made up of other part time staff and volunteers.
The Office Administrator position at St Matthew’s is currently a 3 days per week job-shared position that we would now like to fill with a suitable person who is keen to work in a growing and exciting Christian environment.
At St Matthew’s there are several volunteers that assist in reception and office administrative tasks according to their interest and abilities.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for supervising and supporting these volunteers.
Selection Criteria: Essential
- A prayerful, committed Christian with evangelical convictions
- A willingness to submit to organisational leadership
- A self-starter
- Ability to lead, motivate and organise a team
- Ability to delegate, prioritise and plan tasks
1. Secretarial duties and administration of the church office
- Support the staff and parishioners in the day to day running of the
- Church office Management of the office filing system and the keeping of records
- Ensure the adequate supply of all office, first aid, communion & bathroom materials
2. Event Management
- Including advertising the event, designing and printing tickets, TryBooking set up and general admin. All in consultation with communications office admin and event organising committees.
3. Oversight of rostering and preparation for Sunday Services
- Assist the Pastoral Staff and congregational leadership teams in the preparation of services, rosters and runsheets from material supplied by others for 5 services each Sunday
4. Supervising and supporting volunteers
- Supervising and supporting the volunteers that undertake reception and office administration tasks
5. Be the welcoming face of St Matthews Anglican Church offices
- Develop an open and inviting “public face” to St Matt’s
- Triage those who visit the Church offices and assist where possible
- Responsible for telephone and receptionist functions
6. Supervision of Church contractors
- Supervision of the Church cleaning contractors and others (volunteers and contractors) in the general housekeeping of the church, halls, offices and adjacent New Line cottage
7. Manage the maintenance and effective use of office equipment
- Manage the maintenance and effective use of office equipment including, telephones, photocopiers, computers
- Be the point of contact for those equipment services that have been outsourced
8. Help develop a culture of process improvement
- Always reviewing how we can do things better, improving our processes
- Review and make recommendations to the Senior Minister on which projects, functions and tasks are more appropriately undertaken by volunteers
- Devoted to prayer and the reading of God’s word
- Growing in godliness
- Lead and develop prayer support for the above responsibilities
- Be actively involved in Sunday services (not necessarily at St Matthew’s)
- Demonstrable love for your family
- Encouraging your family to be as involved in church life as any other member of the church family
- Involved in befriending and reaching out to unbelievers
- Experience in office administration, and in working with volunteers;
- Ability to learn and to work well in a team environment.
- Above average competency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher;
- Good communication skills and a clear and friendly telephone manner.
- Ability to respect confidentiality.
- Ability to graciously and winsomely manage people and expectations
Remuneration will be in line with a Grade 5: NSW Clerical and Administrative Employees Consolidated (State) Award (135).
For further information or enquiries please call Rev Matt Lemsing on 0434 819 984.
Please visit http://www.stmatts.org.au