Partnership Development Officer – South/East/CBD
Location: Summer Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 14th June 2017
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: 25 June 2017
- Based at Summer Hill but with a requirement to travel throughout Eastern Suburbs, Inner West and South Sydney
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to liaise with churches essential
- Foster development of ministry initiatives in this rewarding role!
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation. We are now trading as Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus.
Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated and engaging Partnership Development Officer to foster the development of ministry initiatives with parishes and other parties.
The successful applicant will contribute to the achievement of Anglicare's mission, values and strategic plan by contributing their ministry of bringing the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to others, providing Christian care to people in need and enhancing the reputation and impact of the organisation.
You will have a genuine passion for bridging the ‘gap’ between Anglicare and potential mission partners and promoting the ministry and services of Anglicare to parishes. Therefore a demonstrated ability to effectively network in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney will be highly regarded together with a collaborative approach to working within and contributing to the Partnership Development team.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity based in Summer Hill but with requirement to travel throughout Sydney’s Eastern suburbs, Inner West and South/South East Sydney.
You will be offered the opportunity to avail of a company car through salary packaging or novated lease options.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
Reporting to the Justice Chaplaincy & Partnership Manager, you will be an active Christian who will be able to show initiative and self-discipline in order to:
PROMOTE the work and ministry of Anglicare to parishes and other potential mission partners.
BRIDGE the 'gap' between Anglicare and potential mission partners.
COMMUNICATE the information and requests between Anglicare and parishes/mission partners.
PREPARE both Anglicare and parishes/mission partners for new or deeper missional partnerships; and
BROKER ongoing relationships and active partnerships between Anglicare and parishes/mission partners.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability and stated commitment to support and promote the Vision, Mission and Values of Anglicare.
- Ability to effectively network in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney, but also with other denominations and potential community partners.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills.
- Hold or eligible to hold a licence or authority to officiate from the Archbishop of Sydney as an ordained person or as a lay Diocesan reader.
- Initiative and self-discipline.
- Ability to work independently, but also to contribute to a team environment within the designated region, and with the other Partnership Development (PD) personnel.
- Well-developed computer skills in a range of MS office applications.
- Preparedness to work outside standard business hours to present to churches and at community events. Requiring occasional evenings and weekend commitments (including Sunday deputations).
- A demonstrated ability to represent the organisation professionally and responsibly at all times.
- Current driver’s licence, willingness to drive and use your own vehicle to travel.
- Willingness to comply with Faithfulness in Service as adopted by the Diocese of Sydney.
It is desirable that you have:
- Qualifications in theology or related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of Anglicare, including services, programs and organisational structure.
- An understanding of the structure and culture of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
- A willingness and ability to facilitate the administrative requirements the role as required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and personable individual seeking to make a difference in the lives of others through ministry initiatives!
You will have the opportunity to work for a supportive and growing not-for-profit, Christian organisation committed to changing the lives of the community.
In addition, you can benefit from generous tax concessions by salary packaging your earnings up to $15,900 per year.
To apply, please visit: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/746/cw/en/job/494985
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.