Location: Taren Point, NSW
Date advertised: 13th July 2017
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
- 4 days per week (or 2 days in a job share role)
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of others!
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation, Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working as part of the Lifestyle team at Anglicare, our Pastoral Carers are pivotal in ensuring our residents are supported as they move into care through providing comfort and confidence during this time of change.
Working with the wider chaplaincy and lifestyle team, our Pastoral Carer's are an ongoing resource, assisting in meeting individual resident spiritual and emotional needs.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity working either 4 days per week (30.4 hours per week) or 2 days per week in a job share capacity (15.2 hours per week).
You will be required to provide your preferred days of work upon applying online.
• Ensures that all residents are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
• New residents are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
• Ensures that there is a variety of diverse planned and responsive/spontaneous activities.
• Contributes to ensuring a holistic approach is taken to meet residents' needs.
• Ensures identification and referral of residents who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
• Contributes to the provision of support for relatives and employees in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
• Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care.
• Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus.
• A passion for aged care.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrated reliability and flexibility.
• A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance or willingness to obtain.
• Relevant training/qualifications desirable.
• Previous experience in Aged Care desirable.
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral carer skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs.
All employees undergo a comprehensive orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our residents receive outstanding care.
To apply, please visit: http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/careers/
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.