Pastoral Carers - Anglicare at Home
Location: Multiple Locations, NSW
Date advertised: 12th July 2017
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
- Several permanent positions available, part time and full time opportunities
- Work in various locations across Sydney, Wollongong/Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of others!
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation, Anglicare.
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicancommunityservices.org.au/
About being a Pastoral Carer at Anglicare:
Working as part of the home care (Anglicare At Home) division, our Pastoral Carers are pivotal in ensuring our clients are supported as they avail of various Anglicare services in the community.
Our dedicated Pastoral Carers are an ongoing resource, assisting in meeting individual client spiritual and emotional needs.
We are recruiting for several Pastoral Carers to work on a part-time or full-time basis and travel to day centres and community-based programs to meet client needs.
Areas of travel may include the Sydney, Wollongong/Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions and as such, a current and valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle is necessary.
Work location will be available in the following areas:
- Blue Mountains/Nepean
- South West/Campbelltown
- Northern suburbs/Northern beaches
- Eastern suburbs
- Illawarra/South Coast
- Ensures that all clients are respected and treated with empathy and dignity.
- New clients are well supported during entry to provide comfort and confidence.
- Ensures that there is a variety of diverse planned and responsive/spontaneous activities.
- Contributes to ensuring a holistic approach is taken to meet clients’ spiritual and pastoral needs.
- Ensures identification and referral of clients who could be further supported by the Chaplain.
- Contributes to the provision of support for clients in moments of need by providing pastoral care as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Previous experience in ministry or pastoral care, ideally in an aged care or community services setting.
- Embody Anglicare’s vision of reaching out, enriching lives and sharing the love of Jesus.
- A passion for aged care.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated reliability and flexibility.
- A current Working with Children’s Check Clearance for paid employment or willingness to obtain.
- A willingness to drive and a current and valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle.
- Relevant training/qualifications in chaplaincy or Pastoral Care are desirable.
- Active membership of an evangelical Christian church
This is a great opportunity to combine your pastoral carer skills with a genuine concern for the elderly and their spiritual needs.
All employees undergo a comprehensive orientation program on arrival with access to ongoing education and training opportunities to ensure that our clients receive outstanding care.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit: http://careers.arv.org.au/cw/en/job/495056?lApplicationSubSourceID
Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.