Preschool Director | Early Childhood Teacher
Location: Oatley, NSW
Date advertised: 19th June 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 19 July 2017
Arndu St. Paul’s Preschool is a high quality, not for profit, Christian, community based preschool.
We pride ourselves in providing a high standard of care and educational services.
Arndu is rated as ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ by Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
About the role:
The successful candidate will work full time within the Preschool, 3 days in the role of Director and 2 days teaching.
You will work alongside other educators, together within a team environment.
An opportunity is available for an experienced and passionate Director to join our team of dedicated, qualified and inspiring educators in Oatley.
Arndu St Paul’s Preschool is a 49-place service that operates 8.30am to 4pm in accordance with State school terms.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining an outreach for Oatley Anglican Church in line with the vision and mission of the Preschool
- Manage the day to day operations of the Preschool in line with Arndu association policies and procedures
- Lead, support and motivate a large team of educators in providing the highest quality service
- Manage rosters effectively
- Build and maintain strong relationships with team members, parents, children and the wider Arndu community
- Guiding Educators to best practice (taking the Educational Leader's role of the service)
- Oversee expectation of Preschool presentation in internal/external play spaces
- Participate in budget setting
- Implementing and updating the QIP and related policies and procedures
- Promote and market the service to increase utilisation, viability and manage the Preschool waiting list
- Monitor all staff interactions to ensure they are in line with the EYLF and Arndu policies and procedures
A successful applicant will possess the following skills & experience:
- Demonstrated Christian conviction
- Completed Degree in Early Childhood or higher
- Sound knowledge and implementation of the National Quality Framework
- Current First Aid Certificate/Asthma & Anaphylaxis and CPR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong ability to inspire, motivate and maintain a positive culture within our Preschool
- Ability to plan, implement and oversee, a quality educational program in accordance with the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Framework
- Strong knowledge of computer skills
- Experience with Assessment and Rating
- Demonstrated leadership ability with large teams
- Ability to relate to individuals of various ages, social and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Current driver license and working with children check
What we can offer you:
- Support for a healthy work/life balance
- Focus on professional development/ paid training
- Career advancement opportunities
- Supportive management team
- Team benefits and incentives
- Supportive team environment
- Great mentors
- Above award wages
- We are family friendly & provide discounted childcare
- Regular team bonding activities
- Great culture that is fun, professional and supportive of all team members
Written applications, resume and Arndu questionnaire with at least 2 referees should be forwarded to the Management Committee: email@example.com
Closing date is 19th July 2017.