Location: Baulkham Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 7th March 2017
Job Type: Part time, Temporary/Contract
- A great opportunity to create missional retail shops in the community!
- We’re looking for a creative and innovative project officer to bring their faith and business experience to launch the new Anglicare Shop Missional model
- 12 month part time opportunity
On 1 July 2016 ARV and Anglicare Sydney came together to form one organisation.
We are now trading as Anglicare. As a Christian organisation with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we exist to serve our community, enrich life and share the love of Jesus. Combining our resources and expertise enables us to work even more effectively to meet changing needs as we reach and serve more people at all stages of life.
To find out more please visit https://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
You will be responsible to effectively develop, coordinate and deliver the new Anglicare Shop Missional model within the agreed scope, budget and timeframes whilst achieving objectives of the project plan.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Ensures suitable parishes and properties are identified to implement the new Shop Model through consultation with the Head of Retail.
- Ensures maximum engagement with the project by communicating effectively with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure ongoing support for the work of the Shop to provide a place to support families with material, social and spiritual needs by establishing effective partnerships with local parishes.
- Ensures the co-design and co-implementation of the new missional aligned shop model in partnership with the local church through consultation with the relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures the project plan is developed, reviewed and updated to ensure delivery against timeframes, targets, missional outcome deliverables and budgets. Manages the risks associated with the project and assists with budget development.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Demonstrated skills in managing a project from planning, to implementation through to completion.
- Personal Christian commitment and a missional motivation. Relevant experience in retail operations desirable.
- Experience in conceiving and launching new ventures in a multi stakeholder environment (not necessarily on a large scale. Demonstrated creativity, initiative, innovation and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel to intermediate level. Current Drivers licence.
- Capacity to adapt well to change through cooperatively and collaboratively solving problems and negotiating innovative solutions to difficult situations.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work closely with parishes and challenge your creativity we want to hear from you!
How to Apply
Complete the online application form via http://careers.pageuppeople.com/746/cw/en/job/494835
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.