Location: East Lindfield, NSW
Date advertised: 12th September 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
St Peter's Anglican Church, East Lindfield is seeking a suitably gifted and qualified person to join our ministry team.
This role (2 days/week) will seek to build on the current ministry in our church and local area.
This is an evolving role that primarily involves:
- Leading our church youth group and its leaders
- Co-leadership and pastoral oversight of our Youth and Young Adults congregation.
- Opportunities for wider ministry experience and training
Experience in Youth Ministries, team leadership and preaching are essential.
This position is responsible for the overall spiritual oversight of the Youth ministry in the Parish.
The successful applicant is to strive through godly example and faithful teaching to encourage the growth of all those under his/her care and to seek to raise up, support and encourage godly leaders.
In order to fulfil the job description, the successful applicant will need to be involved in the following areas:
- Co-ordinating the church’s Yrs 7-12 youth group (Friday night)
- Training & supporting the other youth leaders
- Co-coordinating the 6pm Service
- Regular service leading
- Preaching, on average once per month
- Attending meetings with the Rector at least monthly
- Other related duties as from time to time directed by the Rector
NB These duties may change as the role develops, or depending on the particular applicant.
As per “Guidelines for Remuneration of Parish Ministry Staff” - 1.5 days.