Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 17th November 2017
Job Type: Full time
- 37.5 hours per week full-time position
- Sydney Diocese of the Anglican Church
- St Andrews House, Sydney Square
- $80,000 – 90,000 per annum plus super
The aim of Archbishop’s Professional Standards Unit (PSU) is to further the Mission of the Diocese by promoting a culture of safe ministry in our churches and beyond.
This position will both support the Director of the PSU in managing complaints against clergy and church workers as well as ensuring a sound process is followed in relation to claims of misconduct.
This role will make a difference to our church communities by seeking new ways to promote safe ministry and an extra resource to manage cases to successful resolution.
You will be involved in:
- Managing claims under the Diocesan Pastoral Care and Assistance Scheme, with support from the Director.
- Being proactively involved in the development of policy and training for safe ministry across the Diocese.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be aligned with the principles and values of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Sydney.
- Sound working experience of conducting investigations or experience in alternative dispute resolution, mediation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Case management skills.
- Understanding of legal frameworks ideally gained from experience in law/social work or psychology.
- An undergraduate degree in social sciences/law/psychology/human resources.
- An understanding of church environments.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
For enquiries and a full position description, please contact Lachlan Bryant on (02) 9265 1514 or to email@example.com
Applications for the position should include:
- A Covering letter.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- References from 2 people ideally their current minister and another person who knows of their current or recent professional work.