Assistant Minister - Garrison Church
Location: The Rocks, NSW
Date advertised: 5th December 2018
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 19 December 2018 or when position is filled
The Parish of Church Hill is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Assistant Minister responsible for the Garrison Church. The position is available from as early as January 1st 2019, or as soon as the successful candidate becomes available. Church Hill seeks to ‘fill the City with Christ’s Gospel’ from our two centres: St Philip’s (York Street in the City) and Holy Trinity (the Garrison Church in Miller’s Point).
The Assistant Minister, responsible for the ministry based at the Garrison Church, will be an integral part of the leadership team. The ministry tasks of our new team member will be determined, after prayer and dialogue, by their gifts and experience. Our preference will be for an ordained Anglican minister. The successful candidate will work with the Rector towards the vision and mission set by him, the staff and Parish Council, and will have a responsibility for innovative ministry and creative leadership from the Garrison Church in particular, and the Parish in general.
The successful applicant will need to be a committed, evangelical Christian, humble (to work on a team), joyful (to enhance the team), hardworking, an example to the Garrison congregations, a teacher of God’s word, an evangelist to the lost, faithful to the gospel and currently fruitful in a similar role.
The ministry priorities for our new team member may include:
- To consider how the Garrison Church might be used to ‘fill the City with Christ’s teaching’ (Acts 5:2). The successful candidate will be looking to grow new gospel communities for the residents of Miller’s Point and Dawes Point and to consider planting a gospel community in Barangaroo.
- To lead the ministry at the Garrison Church, working with the Rector (who will help with preaching as arranged) and the Music Director (with Service Formation and Music). The successful candidate will have primary pastoral, evangelistic and training oversight of the Garrison, while working within the vision and mission of the entire parish.
- To be the celebrant at the weddings at the Garrison Church (and some at St Philip’s), seeking to use them as opportunities to grow the Gospel, and assisting in the preparation of wedding couples.
- To preach at St Philip’s from time to time, after prayer and planning.
- To assist the staff with theological depth and insight, with a view to serving the city with good, practical, gospel resources.
- To contribute to whole church activities as they arise.
- To organise (although not necessarily lead) five or six commemorative services and to consider their future.
There may be other possibilities, but these will be set as we pray with the potential applicants.
In recognition of the candidate’s senior role in the ministry of the church, Church Hill will remunerate the position in line with the Anglican Church of Sydney’s guidelines for stipend and allowances of an Assistant Minister.
Please send your application, CV and the contact details of two referees to email@example.com
Applications will close on Wednesday 19th December, or when a suitable candidate is found.