Location: Pennant Hills, NSW
Date advertised: 6th January 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
St Mark’s Pennant Hills is seeking an Associate Pastor to join the staff team (reporting directly to the Senior Pastor) and exercise leadership in two key responsibilities:
- Leadership of our youth ministry
- Pastoral oversight of our young adults’ ministry and our demographically diverse 6.30pm congregation.
Leadership of our youth ministry
Over the years, St Mark’s has invested to develop a healthy youth ministry because we recognise the strategic significance of such ministry for the growth of the kingdom, in terms of both evangelism and discipleship.
Within the wider staff team, the Associate Pastor will have oversight of all youth ministry programs at St Mark’s including:
- direction setting, planning and programming, Bible teaching, leadership recruitment and training for our Friday night and Sunday youth programs,
- partnership with local school’s ministries including running a lunchtime group in the local public high school (in partnership with the full-time Christian Studies teacher in the school) and teaching senior primary scripture in the local Public School to assist the transition to youth ministry,
- fostering the existing culture that places a strong emphasis on evangelism and practical discipleship.
Pastoral oversight of our young adults ministry and our demographically diverse 6.30pm congregation.
Our 6.30pm congregation is a wonderful mix of demographics from junior teens right through to ‘senior saints’.
The associate pastor will be one of the preachers at 6.30pm church. He will be the key pastoral contact for all members of 6.30pm church, overseeing all aspects of its organization, including facilitating young adult’s ministry and helping to support and foster its weekly inter-generational Growth Group Bible studies.
General ministry responsibilities as a member of the staff team. This will include weekly ‘ministry of the pew’ involvement at other congregations and participation in cross-congregational projects and events. It will also include playing a part in raising up the next generation of pastoral leaders (e.g. through training Ministry Apprentices).
The person we need
The right person will be:
- able to take significant leadership responsibility and turns ideas into action,
- someone who thrives in a collaborate, staff team environment,
- someone with demonstrated capacity for forming, leading and developing teams,
- someone who places a high priority on the areas of discipleship, training and evangelism, and loves doing these things with teens and young adults,
- able to teach the Bible well, both to teenagers and other demographics,
- unashamedly ‘conservative evangelical’ in their theology,
- someone holding appropriate theological qualifications and Safe Ministry clearances.
This is a full time position, open to ordained and non-ordained candidates. The terms and conditions of this position will be as per the guidelines of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney.
To apply for the role please send your current resume along with an application letter addressing the ‘right person’ requirements to our Senior Pastor, Craig Schafer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Also include contact details of at least two referees most familiar with your relevant skills to this role.
For more information please contact our Senior Pastor Craig Schafer on 02 9980 8012 or email email@example.com