Location: Croydon, NSW
Date advertised: 5th December 2017
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Closing Date: ASAP
Sydney Missionary and Bible College’s (SMBC) primary task is to prepare people for Gospel work within Australia and overseas. The College caters for both residential and non-residential students, staff and the wider community.
A key focus and strength of SMBC is its community and as such, the catering team plays an integral part in building and nurturing this community. Customer service, therefore, is paramount.
In addition to having a ‘can do’ and servant- hearted focus, the Assistant Chef is responsible for:
- Working as an effective team member, leading by example to facilitate quality service and catering outcomes in a safe environment;
- Assisting with the development of healthy rotational menus that strongly reflect seasonal variety;
- Providing assistance to Chef as required;
- Participating in the preparation of a wide variety of foodstuffs that includes skilled cooking and food preparation in accordance with food safety management program and special dietary requirements;
- Coordinating food service activities to ensure meals are prepared at scheduled times;
- Inspecting, supervising and participating in the cleaning programs of the kitchen;
- Training and instructing students in cooking, food preparation and food handling techniques;
- Maintaining relevant records of food safety program;
- Assisting in evaluating new recipes and products;
- Providing excellent customer service during interaction with staff and students.
The Assistant Chef reports to the Chef for day-to-day operational direction and is accountable to the Hospitality and Facilities Coordinator.
Hours and remuneration:
Permanent full time position;
38 hours per week with occasional weekend work;
As per Educational Services (Schools) General Staff Award 2010.
The successful applicant will:
- have a strong alignment to SMBC’s mission and values;
- preferably hold a Certificate IV in Trade Cookery or equivalent qualifications; and
- have a background or experience working in a commercial kitchen.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call (02) 9747 4780 for further information.
Applications will close when the position is filled, with a view to commencing on Monday 8 January 2018.