Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Location: Peakhurst, NSW
Date advertised: 1st June 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 30th June 2020
Church@thepeak is committed to living 'to be and make disciples of Jesus.' We are a healthy and growing church plant in Peakhurst. Formerly a congregation of Beverly Hills Kingsgrove Anglican (10yrs) we became a recognised church in 2018.
Recent growth in our youth and young adults, as well as excellent opportunities for mission amongst the local school where we are located, mean we are looking to add a part time youth and young adults pastor (4 days) to our ministry team.
The focus of the role is to oversee, shape and lead the youth and young adult ministry of Church@thepeak so that youth and young adults would 'live to be and make disciples of Jesus.'
We are looking for someone who has a passion for, and experience in ministering to youth and young adults; energy, enthusiasm and creativity; a willingness to learn and serve; and a willingness to invest time in building relationships with youth and young adults.
The person must have:
- Theological training (diploma or higher)
- Ability to plan, implement and oversee youth and young adult discipleship programmes (think strategically and implement)
- Ability to lead teams
- Ability to train others
- Ability to plan and write bible studies / talks for youth
- Ability to recruit others to disciple others
- Good organisational skills (plan, delegate, admin)
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team
Remuneration will be paid based on Sydney Diocesan stipendiary guidelines.
For a detailed job description or to apply please contact Rev. Stuart Maze (Senior Minister) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0432 324 023.
To apply please send resume and referees details to the above.