Location: Kirribilli, NSW
Date advertised: 9th October 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 23 October 2017
Church by the Bridge is seeking expressions of interest for the position of part time (2 days per week) Bookkeeper.
Church by the Bridge aspires to be a diverse community of disciples living for Jesus and loving like Jesus, with a focus on making mature disciples who will innovatively take the gospel into our neighbourhood, networks and nations.
Integral to our mission is our financial management that enables the functioning of a multitude of ministries designed to make, mature and mobilize disciples of Jesus.
1. Assist with the management of the Church's finances by maintaining detailed information of income and expenditure in the general ledger
2. Manage the payroll to ensure staff are paid correctly according to the Diocese and Fair Work Act, reconciling payroll at the end of the financial year and producing payroll summary reports
3. Manage payments required as part of the day to day activities of the church
4. Compete ATO and other statutory returns as agreed
5. Prepare financial reports weekly, monthly and when necessary, including analysis and comment for the Office Manager, Treasurer and Wardens
6. Prepare annual accounts for end of year audit
7. Prepare banking, ensure financial paper records are kept up to date, filing and storage
Experience with Xero preferred.
The Bookkeeper would report directly to the Office Manager and work closely with the Treasurer.
The successful applicant will need to be a committed evangelical Christian, humble (to work on a team), joyful (to enhance the team) and hardworking (to support the team). They will work closely with the Office Manager and Senior Pastor towards the vision and mission set by him, the staff and Parish Council.
Church by the Bridge will remunerate the position according to the experience of candidate
Applications close 23 October 2017.
Please send your application, CV and the contact details of two referees to email@example.com or to Rev. Paul Dale, PO BOX 131, Milsons Point NSW 1565.
Visit http://www.cbtb.org.au for further information on the church.