Caretaker / Sexton
Date advertised: 27th October 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
Do you have a love of historic buildings and the wide variety of people who use them?
We are looking for a servant-hearted, practical, ministry-minded person to join the team at St Andrew's Cathedral.
You will be responsible for maintaining the building and supporting its many activities, events and Services.
Would suit someone who loves others to know about Jesus with trade skills/engineer/cleaning/DIY/foreperson/maintenance/repairperson.
- Work week Sunday, Monday plus three other midweek days
- Ensure the Cathedral is in good appearance
- Setup and pack up for church Services and events
- Sunday morning Church Services and Monday Staff Meeting
- Opening and closing the Cathedral building
- Managing and coordinating building work
- Respond to problems with the building
- Coordinate with 3rd party contractors (i.e. cleaners and trades)
- Coordinate ongoing maintenance
- Physical duties e.g. stacking chairs, cleaning and simple repairs.
- Technical duties e.g. sound system during Services (training provided)
Strong communication skills, ability to represent the Cathedral and an ability to work as part of a team essential.
The position reports to the Cathedral Administrator.
Remuneration negotiable but package will be in the order of $68,000 p/a.