Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Date advertised: 12th October 2017
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
- Tuesday to Friday and Sunday (preferred), 8:30 am to 5 pm
- Based in the reputable Donald Coburn Centre, Castle Hill
- Make a genuine difference in the lives of others
As a Christian organisation, with a heritage of service spanning 160 years, we serve older people and those who are vulnerable or marginalised by providing a range of accommodation, care and community services.
To find out more please visit http://www.anglicare.org.au/
About the role:
Anglicare is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for a permanent full time Chaplaincy position responsible for providing pastoral care to clients, their families and the staff in our residential aged care facility, The Donald Coburn Centre, Castle Hill.
Chaplaincy within Anglicare is a vital and expanding part of Anglicare, which demands intentionally evangelistic and pastorally orientated ministry.
Our Chaplaincy team consists of a number of ordained and non-ordained Anglican ministers.
This position is open to men or women who are an ordained Anglican minister or eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney as a lay minister.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Provide a Christ centred pastoral approach
- Travel to clients’ homes to support their spiritual needs, facilitate their ongoing spiritual growth, enable non-Christian clients to explore the Christian faith and encourage Christian clients in their faith
- When appropriate, provide pastoral support to the families of clients
You must have access to your own car, a current driver’s licence with no restrictions, and a valid Working with Children’s Clearance for paid employment.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Ordained Minister of the Anglican Church of Australia, in good standing with the Diocese of Sydney or a layperson with tertiary qualifications in theology/ministry and relevant pastoral experience who is eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Sydney
- Demonstrated competence in pastoral ministry with older persons
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work harmoniously with others
- A willingness to be involved in an Anglican congregation/parish
- A personal commitment to growth in the Christian faith
- Current valid driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle
- A current Working with Children Clearance
To be successful you will be an active and keen Christian with formal theological or pastoral qualifications coupled ideally with experience in pastoral care of seniors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine pastoral difference in the lives of clients and to achieve a work-life balance through the regular hours of weekday work offered by Anglicare!
To apply, please visit: http://jobs.arv.org.au/cw/en/job/495280/chaplain
For further information please contact Rev Andrew Heron on (02) 8820 3071 or 0449 904 446.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.