City and Workers Minister
Location: Sydney CBD, NSW
Date advertised: 22nd December 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22 January 2018
Church Hill is seeking expressions of interest for a permanent City and Workers Minister.
The preferred candidate will be a mature Christian, experienced in urban ministry, and passionate about seeing a city filled with the teaching of Jesus (Acts 5:28).
They will be responsible for:
- Forming connections and relationships between Church Hill and the businesses that operate within the Parish.
- Establishing programs that support city workers of all levels and their businesses.
This may include activities like:
- Creating corporate chaplaincies
- Developing a practical theology of work
- Promoting workplace Bible studies and prayer groups
- Promoting use of Church facilities and grounds
- Connecting with and developing synergies with other CBD parishes and organisations to spread the Gospel and do good works.
- Running worker based Bible studies and training.
- Establishing and running at least one evangelistic mid-week gathering tailored towards CBD workers
The City and Workers Minister will be part of the broader church ministry team but will not have an organisational role in any of the existing Sunday services and no pastoral care responsibility for members attending Sunday services, except insofar as it relates to the Mission to the City.
The preferred candidate, would likely have the following qualities:
- A driving passion to see the Gospel spread and grow within Sydney's CBD
- A demonstrated understanding and experience of CBD working culture and issues (5- 10 years city experience)
- A theological degree and/or relevant and experience in city ministry and evangelism
In recognition of the candidate’s senior role in the ministry of the church, Church Hill will renumerate accordingly, considering the Sydney Diocese’s guidelines for stipend and allowances and the position/level of experience of the successful candidate.
Please send your application, CV and the contact details of two referees to email@example.com or to Rev. Justin Moffatt 3 York Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
Applications will remain open until the right person is found. This having been said, the Rector and Wardens will be looking at the applications received from January 22.