City Kids Coordinator
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Date advertised: 19th December 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 22 January 2018
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known. In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time.
Today, City on a Hill meets across five locations in three cities with a vision to reach 10 cities with the good news of Jesus.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained a red hot commitment to Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known.
Fundamental to long term gospel growth at City on a Hill, and indeed Melbourne, is a thriving City Kids ministry. A place that partners with parents to raise-up the next generation of humble, courageous and sacrificial leaders who will win their friends, our city and our nation for Jesus.
The City Kids Coordinator role is a 3-day role (with room for flexibility) and will be responsible for generating and executing the strategic direction for City Kids across City on a Hill Melbourne. This is part of an integrated Generations ministry that seeks to introduce everyone - from our children through to university students - to the person of Jesus Christ through God’s Word the Bible.
The role will entail developing the Sunday City Kids’ program of a new all-church learning model, as we seek to teach and equip our church with the whole counsel of God while fostering a culture of partnership with parents to disciple their children.
Fundamental to the role will be the recruitment, training the mobilization of an increasing team of City Kids leaders with the goal of establishing City on a Hill Melbourne as a center of excellence and training.
In addition, The City Kids Coordinator will explore and implement new and innovative ways to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known among the children and families of Melbourne.
- Leading our children to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known.
- Partnering with and equipping families to disciple their children.
- Managing the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids Sunday program, including the implementing and oversight of relevant policies aimed at ensuring safe ministry practice
- The identification, training and support of the volunteer team and key leaders
- Establishing and implementing an all-church learning model where the children are taught a tailored version of the material the adults are taught as we seek to teach the whole counsel of God.
- Raise the profile of City Kids, helping our church see what God is doing through this ministry
- Identify and implement new innovative opportunities to make Jesus known to children in Melbourne.
- Praying specifically for children and their families
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Fulfill the character qualifications outlined for a deacon in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.a
- At least 3 years experience in children’s ministry in an evangelical church.
- A proven track record of an ability to teach children.
- Training from an evangelical theological college or equivalent.
- A passion to embrace the vision and mission of City on a Hill.
- Have a deep commitment to team ministry, understanding the significance and power of the body of Christ and the Bible.
- Have an ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritize duties & responsibilities.
It is expected that the City Kids Coordinator will be involved in all City on a Hill Melbourne and City on a Hill Movement staff meetings, and meet regularly with the ministry supervisor.
The City Kids Coordinator must also hold a current Working with Children Check, complete a National Police History Check, and be licensed by the Melbourne Anglican Diocese as a Children’s Ministry worker.
To apply for the role, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 22nd January 2018.