Communications / Admin Support Officer
Location: Kings Park, NSW
Date advertised: 8th November 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
Operation Christmas Child (OCC), a project of Samaritan’s Purse, is one of the world’s largest child evangelism projects.
In 2016 OCC AU/NZ collected over 346,592 gift filled shoeboxes to hand deliver to children in developing countries, demonstrating God’s love and sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ through well-developed evangelism and discipleship programs.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Communications Officer/Administration Support Officer to write editorial content, source and edit articles, and produce a monthly newsletter targeted at our volunteers with short motivational stories and instructional and training material.
You will also play an integral role in empowering our national OCC volunteers by providing administration support to produce resources and to maintain a national volunteer database.
You will also provide administration support for the National Management Team of OCC. Your duties will include organising and booking travel and accommodation for the team, and in conjunction with the National Operations Manager, provide administrative support for shipping and export of freight.
To perform this job successfully, you must maintain a personal relationship with, and be a consistent witness, for Jesus Christ.
You will be self-directed, goal oriented, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed in the Ministry Description (provided on request) are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
For OCC Volunteer Newsletter and internal staff communications:
- Develop and write content
- Assist other SP/OCC staff in the creation of content for our various publications, which may include ghost-writing for staff
- Edit and coordinate content from other OCC staff for the creation of regular OCC publications
- Publish to both digital and print formats.
For OCC National Management Team:
- Provide administration support as required
- Manage bookings for travel and accommodation, etc, for OCC staff
- As directed by, and in conjunction with the National Field Ministries Manager: Assist in the implementation and operation of a national database of volunteers to create, edit and maintain training documents for the volunteer database
- Assist in documenting and implementing WH&S policy and procedures
- Be extremely flexible to work scheduling and timing
- Report regularly to the National Manager of OCC
- Provide support for State and Regional Managers
- Assist in ensuring all OCC resource requests are fulfilled and accounted for
- Organisation of international and local freight.
- Experience in producing a newsletter
- Strong ability to write editorial content
- Strong desktop publishing skills
- Experience and knowledge in publication for both digital and print formats
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to manage workloads well
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to performance
- Ability to analyse and problem-solve
- Experience in setting and achieving targets or goals
- High level computer literacy; experience in graphics and design would be an advantage.
For a detailed job description please go to http://www.samaritanspurse.org.au.
Email your application to email@example.com, including a cover letter that speaks to why you qualify for this position.
Please include any volunteer experience that would be applicable to this role on your resume.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident.