Location: Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 27th March 2018
Job Type: Part time
- Part Time – three days a week or shorter days spread over 5 days
Join an organisation that supports the mission of the Anglican Church in the Diocese of Sydney.
Sydney Diocesan Secretariat (SDS) provides a range of valued and highly regarded services to organisations and parishes in the Anglican Church Diocese of Sydney.
This role is a part time opportunity for an experienced company secretary or governance professional to join our Legal & Corporate services team.
The role is responsible for providing a full company secretarial service to a portfolio of boards and board committees.
This will encompass the preparation, compilation and dissemination of board and committee papers, the preparation of minutes, attending to business arising, and managing the risk and compliance framework of these organisations.
We are looking for someone who has -
- Direct experience in a corporate secretarial or governance role, with a focus on preparation of board and committee papers.
- Excellent time and stakeholder management – the ability to take ownership of tight deadlines, set clear priorities to manage a varied workload and meet stakeholder expectations.
- Strong relationship skills – a demonstrated ability to relate well with and gain the confidence of board members, persuade and influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels and display sound judgement and analysis to help with the achievement of effective board outcomes.
- Autonomous, positive and strong work ethic – flexible personal style who is confident working independently and as part of a team with a positive attitude and strong work ethic to take ownership of matters with a sense of urgency and commitment.
We offer an attractive remuneration package, flexible work practices and an opportunity for you to use your skills for a Christian organisation committed to furthering God’s kingdom. We look forward to your application.
Consistent with the ethos and values of SDS, applicants for the position should have a demonstrated Christian commitment, preferably as a member of an Anglican church in the Diocese.
Apply now with a covering letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please call Steve Lucas, Legal Counsel on 9265 1647 with any inquiries.
Please call Rebecca Addario, Manager Human Resources on 9265 1559 for a position description.