Location: Sydney, NSW
Date advertised: 29th September 2020
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: ASAP
The Archbishop of Sydney’s New Churches for New Communities (NCNC) was established in 2015 by Archbishop Glenn Davies to raise funds to construct start-up ministry facilities for new congregations as they are planted in the growth corridor in Greater Sydney’s SW-NW fringe. From its beginning NCNC has been a gospel initiative designed to help new congregations connect with the new communities growing around them.
On 17th October this year the Archbishop will officially open the first of these new churches at Stanhope Gardens. Construction of the second has begun at Leppington with the turning of the sod on 23rd August 2020 and building has now commenced. Plans are underway to provide a third start-up facility at Marsden Park.
NCNC’s inaugural Executive Director has indicated he will retire at the end of this year and consequently the process of identifying a new Executive Director has begun. The successful candidate will, through NCNC’s Board, report directly to the Archbishop. NCNC is an independent body.
Applications are welcome from men and women, clergy or lay, and the following attributes are amongst those seen as essential:
- Evident commitment to Jesus and his gospel, and an active involvement in a local congregation
- Good understanding of relevant diocesan entities and how they relate to one another
- Good understanding of the Diocese and how it operates
- Strong alignment with NCNC’s charter and objects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven experience in the principles and practices of cost-effective capital fundraising
- Ability to show personal initiative as well as working as part of a team.
The position is paid on a three day per week basis.
How to apply
Please email immediately your resume and cover letter responding to the Essential skills outlined to:
Ken Patteson - Principal/ People Architect on email email@example.com
Chifley Global Executive Search Group (a division of the Brooklyn Institute)
www.chifleyglobal.com.au Ph: 0417 777 838