Families (Kids & Youth) Pastor
Location: Minchinbury, NSW
Date advertised: 12th October 2017
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 27th October 2017
The Vision & Mission
Minchinbury Anglican Church is a growing multicultural church in Sydney’s western suburbs.
Our vision is to see all people in multicultural western Sydney renewed through the love of Jesus Christ.
Our mission, in line with this vision, and as outlined in the New Testament, is to make disciples and multiply communities who love Jesus and show Jesus’ love.
God has been very kind in recent years in bringing many young families, along with children and youth, into our church community.
We are seeking to employ a full time families pastor, beginning early 2018, with a special focus on kids and youth ministry.
Remuneration will be in line with the Sydney Anglican Diocese guidelines.
- Invest substantial time into a vital relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Invest substantial time into developing as a leader.
- Participate in all pastoral team meetings to develop and implement the overall vision and mission of the church.
- Oversee all the ministry teams and programs to kids and youth as a leader of leaders.
- Serve as a primary communicator and teacher in the kids & youth communities.
- Partner with parents and carers to see every home in our church as a place of renewal and discipleship for kids and youth.
- In partnership with our Equip Pastor, ensure that all kids and youth leaders are being developed and trained in their leadership.
- A loyal, humble, generous, faithful, and servant hearted leader.
- Someone who maintains God ordained priorities in their life by putting Jesus Christ first, your family second, and ministry third.
- Have theological convictions that are reformed and evangelical.
- Have a philosophy of ministry that is Gospel Centred, Bible Based, and Relationally Focused.
- Familiar with the purpose driven church model.
- A passion for kids, youth, and family ministry.
- Theological training to at least a diploma or advanced diploma level. Preference will be given to those with a theological degree.
- At least 2-3 years experience of ministry to kids and youth. Preference will be given to those with vocational ministry experience leading a team of volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team context.
- Excellent communication, relational, and administrative skills.
- Someone who is creative, innovative, and able to implement ideas.
To apply, or for more information, please contact our Senior Minister, Mike Smith, on email@example.com
Please include a CV with references in your application.
Applications close Friday 27th October.