Families Pastor (female, part time) for 2018
Location: Five Dock, NSW
Date advertised: 3rd November 2017
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 20th November 2017
Location: Five Dock, Ashfield & Haberfield NSW
Job Type: Part time (2.5 days)
Christ Church Inner West is looking for a Families Pastor!
CCIW is a multi site church in Sydney’s Inner West. We currently have congregations meeting at St Alban’s Five Dock and St John’s Ashfield.
Our church DNA is captured in three simple statements: “Our vision is Jesus. Our mission is people. Our cause is grace.”
Families Pastor Role
We are currently looking for a Families Pastor for our St Alban’s Five Dock 10am congregation. The role is for 2.5 days per week and begins in late January 2018.
The role of the Families Pastor is to partner with parents and other adults in our church community to lead and grow our ministry to children and families.
We long to see both children and their parents equipped and inspired to know, love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ, his church and the world. For this reason the role includes a significant pastoral element ministering with adults as well as children. We would prefer to employ a woman in this role in order to provide a gender balance among the St Alban’s staff.
St Alban’s Five Dock
The 10am congregation at St Alban’s has been revitalised over the last 8 years. Growth has been slow and steady, marked by far greater focus on mission and personal relationships in the local community.
Character, conviction and competencies
We are looking for someone who:
- loves the Lord Jesus and longs to see others come to salvation in him
- relates well to people of all ages and is able to teach both adults and children
- has a heart for ministering to children in partnership with their families
- brings energy, creativity, maturity, organisational and leadership skills
- has experience working with children and a solid theological framework
The role has four main areas of responsibility:
- Strategic oversight of St Alban’s growing families’ ministry
- Outreach to children in the Inner West with the gospel
- Development of ministry teams
- Creating a culture of grace, discipleship, hospitality and excellence within St Alban’s families ministry
The Families Pastor is part of the wider CCIW staff team consisting of 3 full time and 9 part time staff. There are currently 5 other wonderful women on the team.
Check out our website for a more detailed role description (http://www.stalbanschurch.com.au).
Please send a copy of your resume to Matt Steele (firstname.lastname@example.org), pastor of St Alban’s 10am and 6pm congregations, by Monday 20th November.
Please include at least two referees as well as a short statement (approximately 300 words) explaining why you love ministering to children and families.