Location: Ryde, NSW
Date advertised: 27th May 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: Friday 24 June 2022
St Annes exists to bring the hope and love of Jesus to the City of Ryde and beyond. Under God, we are praying that our historic church family is about to embark on a new season of growth with our new Senior Minister, Andrew Levy who started in October last year.
There are enormous possibilities that exist around us for the gospel. St Annes is situated in a very vibrant and multicultural city. Our church has excellent facilities and a membership who are excited to see our family grow. Under God, we are financially very strong, and so we have time to build things well and with patience. St Annes is a historic church – we turn 200 in 2026, which presents an amazing mission aiming point.
The new Assistant Minister will be involved in ministries across our church, but will have a primary focus on our 10am English Congregation. This will include:
- Establishing mission pathways to connect people with the Gospel of Jesus and attract families, couples and singles into our church family
- Directing a welcome ministry for newcomers
- Building a vibrant international and intergeneration community
- Constructing a dynamic and creative service
- Overseeing the ministries to young people connected to the service
- Activating our members to use their gifts to serve across our ministries
It should be a pretty fun and active role, perfect for someone looking to hone the sort of skills it takes to lead a church into the future.
- Evidence of a life of discipleship in following Jesus
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to see the gospel grow in Australia
- Proven capability to lead and train others.
- Loves working in a team
- Experience in pastoral ministry
- Ability to work in an ethnically diverse church across all ages.
- High level communications skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in theology, bible and mission
- A current NSW drivers’ license
To apply, submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a 1-2 page letter addressing the ‘About You’ points and CV (that includes a minimum of 2 references).
Applications Close: Friday 24 June 2022
Ideal Commencement Date: January 2023 (although a T4 2022 is possible for the right candidate)