Location: Warriewood, NSW
Date advertised: 1st January 2021
Job Type: Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 22nd January 2021
St Faith’s is an established and growing Anglican church in Narrabeen. Our vision is to be a community of people who are being transformed by Jesus love, fully devoted to loving one another, and radically committed to impacting the world with Christ’s love. Our vision as a church extends to Warriewood Brook Anglicare Village where we provide chaplaincy and church service that meets onsite on a Sunday morning.
Together with Anglicare, St Faith’s Anglican Church Narrabeen is seeking to appoint a godly and gifted person to the role of Parish Village Chaplain at Warriewood Brook Anglicare Village (three or four days a week, negotiable). The purpose of the role is to ensure that the spiritual needs of the residents (and staff) of Warriewood Brook Anglicare Village are met in a comprehensive way.
The successful applicant will take overall responsibility for chaplaincy and the church service within the village, serving alongside another part time village chaplain, as well as our existing ministry team at St Faith’s.
The role is open to candidates who may be either an ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or a lay minister eligible to be authorised by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare Chaplain.
- Develop and deliver a welcoming ministry to new residents;
- Provide a weekly church service at the Village;
- Provide occasional services as required (for example, funerals, memorial services and mid-week chapel services to other aged care facilities);
- Establish, maintain and support bible fellowship groups and lay-run groups;
- Provide special-event services (Christmas, Easter, ANZAC Day etc);
- Develop and execute evangelistic programs within the village;
- Provide and develop pastoral care to residents, and staff, of the village;
- Provide leadership to the chaplaincy team;
- Attends staff meetings and various functions at the invitation of the village manager;
- Participate in Anglicare chaplaincy training and network days;
- Attend St Faith’s staff meetings monthly;
- Develop and encourage residents, parish staff and parishioners to contribute as appropriate to these and other ministry opportunities within and beyond Anglicare.
- Person of good Christian character and holding to reformed and evangelical convictions;
- Displays a deep love of the Lord;
- Demonstrated competency in pastoral ministry and preaching;
- Theological training (ideally B.Th, or B.D. or equivalent) highly desirable with previous ministry experience.
- An ordained Anglican minister (preferred) or a lay minister eligible to be authorised by the Archbishop of Sydney as an Anglicare Chaplain.
To apply or express your interest, please contact our Senior Minister, Ben Molyneux on email@example.com.
Please include a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability in your application, along with two referees.