Location: Norwest, NSW (with flexibility to work partly from home)
Date advertised: 12th January 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 21st January 2021
- New role in an expanding team
- Exciting opportunity to use and develop your skills in a purpose-led, performance-driven organisation
About the Role:
This is a full-time permanent opportunity with flexibility to work between home and our support office located at Norwest.
There isn’t a better time to join a truly purpose-led, performance-driven organisation. We are expanding our Legal and Governance function and are looking for a highly engaged, diligent Assistant Company Secretary and Senior Paralegal to join our passionate and dedicated team.
This position will support the Executive General Manager – Legal and Governance (in her capacity as Company Secretary) in the maintenance of sound corporate governance, in ensuring effective reporting to the Board and in compliance with all legal, regulatory and Diocesan requirements.
The role will also provide efficient and effective support to the Legal and Governance team in the administration of legal matters.
What we can offer:
- A flexible work location, where you can work and connect in a way that works while delivering on the organisational needs.
- A collaborative team with colleagues who are happy to lean in and help.
- Benefits, including tax-free salary packaging, rewards and recognition program, wellbeing activities, free parking and professional development programs.
In this role you will have the opportunity to collaborate with key stakeholders on new and existing initiatives that support and enable Anglicare’s strategy and the operational areas business plans. Specifically:
- Support the Executive General Manager – Legal and Governance (in her capacity as Company Secretary) in the maintenance of sound corporate governance, in ensuring effective reporting to the Board and in compliance with all legal, regulatory and Diocesan requirements.
- Provide a range of administrative services to the Board and Board Committees, including day-to-day diary management and coordination of travel arrangements and drafting general correspondence for approval by the Executive General Manager – Legal and Governance (in her capacity as Company Secretary). Liaise with various functions across the organisation to ensure all administrative processes relevant to the Board and Board Committees are executed efficiently and on a timely basis.
- Ensure provision of timely legal administrative support by providing staff with procedural advice on legal matters, maintaining appropriate and professional records, and reporting all significant impacts on risk and compliance issues to the Executive General Manager – Legal and Governance (in her capacity as Company Secretary).
- Ensure effective administration of legal documentation by verifying that documentation is in order prior to sign off under Power of Attorney, maintaining records of all matters signed under Common Seal or Power of Attorney, and producing reports on same for each meeting of the Board or as required.
- Ensure effective management and storage of legal and related documentation, including digital documents, by developing and maintaining appropriate systems for storage all forms of legal documentation, in both digital and hard copy, and supervising access to these records. Ensure systems are effectively maintained by Property for the retention and storage of all property related legal documentation. Support the maintenance of other systems as required.
- Support the timely processing of subpoenas and third party requests by ensuring they are processed appropriately and within timeframe, reviewing relevant documentation to minimise risk to Anglicare and confirming compliance with all legal requirements and preservation of legal professional privilege.
- Ensure Funding Agreements are authorised and submitted in a timely manner by liaising with stakeholders regarding signing, renewal, review and acquittal of Funding Agreements. Update and manage the Funding Register.
- Manage the register of Bank Guarantees. Ensure that physical records are securely maintained.
- Contribute to the management of claims from historical Care Leavers in relation to sexual or other abuse, including both litigated claims and matters dealt with under the Pastoral Care and Assistance Scheme (PCAS), working with the Executive General Manager – Ministry and Partnerships, the Executive General Manager – Legal and Governance and the Legal Counsel.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including external law firms.
- Contribute to the culture of the Legal and Governance team.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Commitment to Anglicare’s Vision, Mission and Values and the ability and desire to uphold these at all times.
- Tertiary qualifications in a field related to social science.
- Qualifications appropriate to a paralegal role (desirable). Contemporary knowledge of company secretarial practices and governance compliance and procedures (desirable).
- Experience working in a legal environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office and web-based applications).
- Experience managing simultaneous projects.
- Familiarity with the structure and workings of the Anglican Diocese of Sydney (desirable).
- Excellent written communication skills. Diligence and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the organisation.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity. Sound judgment and discretion are essential.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a complex environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- COVID-19 vaccination is a mandatory requirement unless assessed exempt.
For over 160 years Anglicare has been serving people in need- providing care to older people and services to the vulnerable. We began because of people like you, people who saw a need in the community and who were compelled to make a difference. People motivated by Christian love and a passion to serve.
To find out more please visit: www.anglicare.org.au
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date of 21 January 2022. The closing date is subject to change without notice.
For more information or to apply, please visit our website www.anglicare.org.au