Location: Curtin, ACT
Date advertised: 13th April 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 16 May 2021
Good Shepherd is a dynamic, growing medium-sized Anglican Church within the Canberra Goulburn Diocese.
We are located in the geographical centre of Canberra and draw our membership from many parts of the city. We currently have three full-time paid staff and one part-time. We have four Sunday services. More information can be found on our website www.goodshepherdcurtin.org
Our Associate Minister is leaving and we are looking to appoint a suitably qualified person to take up this position. The Minister will be given responsibility to lead one or more key ministry areas across the whole church (according to gifts and passions), as well as being lead pastor for our 4.30PM Sunday congregation. This congregation currently targets the young (20-30s) and ‘young at heart’. Formal theologically training is essential and ordination as an Anglican Deacon or Priest/Presbyter will be an advantage.
- Provide leadership for one or more key ministry areas (Mission, Ministry, Membership, Meetings or Maturity). Assigned ministry areas will depend on gifts and passions.
- General oversight and pastoral responsibility for the 4:30pm congregation.
- Share in the preaching ministry across 8.30AM, 10.00AM, 4.30PM congregations.
- Work with staff team in recruiting, training and equipping ministry volunteers across all congregations.
- Assist in strategic planning for the Good Shepherd and the implementation of our mission, goals and values.
- Act as the locum when the Senior Minister is absent from the Good Shepherd.
Period of Employment:
This position will be available from 1 July 2021, though for the right person, the Good Shepherd is prepared to wait before making the appointment. It will initially be an appointment for two years with the option to extend.
For a more detailed job description and application enquiries please contact Senior Minister:
Rev’d Guy Matthews
0430 358 323