Location: Newtown, NSW
Date advertised: 11th January 2019
Job Type: Full time, Part time
Closing Date: January 31 2019
- Full time (30 hours per week minimum)
The NEAC (Newtown Erskineville Anglican Church) team are looking for someone to partner with us in gospel work.
We are situated in Newtown and Erskineville which has a vibrant and creative edge. In this context, we are seeking to Connect people to Jesus, Build people up in Jesus and Release people to serve Jesus.
The office manager will be part of a ministry team which values curiosity, transformation, courage, leadership and creativity. The office manager will work alongside this team and report to the senior minister.
1. Assist the Senior Minister with administration
2. Provide a central hub of support, guidance and information for everyone at NEAC
3. Be a welcoming first point of contact
4. Manage general administration
- Assist in the management of our church database (Elvanto, training available)
- Ensure our sites are ready for church and other activities
- Prepare documents and agendas for meetings
5.Financial record keeping
- Assist Benkorp who manage our finances
- Provide reports and review expenditure (using Xero, training available)
6. Manage bookings
- Liaise with prospective hirers
- Handle contracts and manage calendar
7. Execute our communications strategy including Facebook and Mailchimp.
Essential skills, qualifications, experience & attributes
- Passionate to see people connect with Jesus, be built up in Him and be released to serve Him
- Previous administration experience
- Be highly organised; both with excellent attention to details while simultaneously being able to see the bigger picture
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven skills and excellence in communications and relating to others
- Resourceful with excellent initiative and problem-solving skills
- Team player and able to work independently
- Able to cultivate a positive working culture
- Strong proficiency in the use of computer software and able to learn new programs
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping and accounts administration duties
- Desirable experience and attributes
- High-level understanding of working in church teams
- Calm, especially under pressure
- Able to prepare basic but stylish graphics
Applicant must be a permanent Australian resident and not be a ‘prohibited person’ (Commission for Children and Young People Act, 1998).
To be considered, you MUST provide a CV and a cover letter describing how your experience relates specifically to the essential job requirements, including details of your capacity to be part of a Christ-centered organisational culture (i.e. details of any Christian faith, values or church involvement etc) via email to Roger Bray on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close on January 30 however, we may choose to act on applications as they are received. Those shortlisted for interview will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.