F/T Youth Worker
Location: Hong Kong
Date advertised: 11th January 2019
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 28 February 2019
Shatin Church is an evangelical Anglican church in Hong Kong. We're looking for a servant minded person to oversee our youth work and work together with other members of the staff to lead the congregation.
Our youth group is made up of about 40-50 students from all parts of the world including Hong Kong, USA, UK, New Zealand and Nigeria. It's an important job in an exciting city, shaping the next generations of Christians in Hong Kong.
The worker will:
• Be responsible for all the activities for the 11-18 year olds in the church.
• Organize weekly meetings on Saturday afternoons and Sunday mornings
• Meet with the youth one to one
• Recruit, train and support volunteers
• Complete all the admin tasks related to the ministry
• Partner with and help to equip parents
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and other church events
• Organize and prepare All Age services together with the Children’s Worker
• Engage the youth in serving and missions
• Outreach with students in local schools at weekly lunch clubs
Application should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae and at least three referees, including your current pastor and be sent to Rev. Heewoo Han at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include full name, address, phone number and email addresses of all referees.
For more information, please check out our website, www.shatinchurch.org.hk/employment or email Pastor Heewoo.