Location: Telopea, NSW
Date advertised: 20th April 2021
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: 16 May 2021
Are you passionate about the safety and wellbeing of children? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your Christian faith, leadership skills and business capability to transform lives?
Anglicare is looking for a dynamic leader to assist us to grow Anglicare’s Foster Care, Adoptions, Restoration and Family Support programs while sustaining high quality service provision.
Reporting to the General Manager Community Services, this exciting role will lead and direct the Foster Care, Adoptions, Restoration and Family Support across the Sydney metropolitan area, NSW South Coast and Northern Inland region. An important aspect of this role will be supporting our stakeholder relationships with churches, government, and the sector in order to build community commitment to high quality, results focussed family support, fostering and adoption services.
The successful incumbent must possess the ability to develop and execute growth plans. Also required will be the ability to drive change while supporting a psychologically safe working environment and a high commitment to achieving positive outcomes for the children and families we serve.
Key accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Delivering evidence-based person-centred service models that meet the needs of children and families and align with funding body, professional and organisational requirements.
- Developing and implementing a growth plan for Foster Care that will require investigating new opportunities and driving innovation to ensure growth in Anglicare’s Permanency Support Programs.
- Ensuring that growth and operational elements of Foster Care work together cohesively to support growth and provide best outcomes children and families.
- Building a culture of continuous improvement, leadership development and mission alignment.
- Ensuring the collection, review and reporting on data to drive service improvement and meet funding requirements.
- Building strategic and high-level networks within government and non-government organisations and key stakeholders within the Sydney Anglican Diocese.
- Financial accountability for programs within the practice stream.
Skills, knowledge and experience needed:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Previous Senior Management experience
- Extensive experience in growth of innovative service provision and change
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and drive growth
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Working with Children’s Check for paid employment purposes
- Understanding of primary objectives and underpinning legislation for the Permanency Support Program, Intensive Family Support and Early Intervention programs funded by NSW DCJ
Ideally you will possess post-graduate qualifications and in line with our organisation’s mission, vision and values, are an evangelical and active Christian professional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
Anglicare - Jesus Christ honoured, lives enriched and communities strengthened.
Anglicare is committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this position please visit the Anglicare website www.anglicare.org.au or for more information contact the Recruitment Team on 02 9421 5344.