Children’s Ministry Director
Location: Melbourne, Vic
Date advertised: 1st May 2018
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
Closing Date: 30th May 2018
THE STORY SO FAR
City on a Hill began with a small team and a big vision to make a difference in our world for the glory of God.
Since our inception in October 2007, we have witnessed a special work of God's grace as he has united hundreds of men and women around the mission of Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known.
In the past twelve months we have baptised scores of people and witnessed many give their life to Jesus for the first time. Today, City on a Hill meets across five locations in three cities with a vision to reach 10 cities with the good news of Jesus.
While our story is characterised by constant change and growth, we have maintained an enduring commitment to Knowing Jesus and Making Jesus Known. Fundamental to long term gospel growth at City on a Hill, and indeed Melbourne, is a thriving ministry to children. A ministry that partners with parents to raise-up the next generation of humble, courageous and sacrificial leaders who will win their friends, our city and our nation for Jesus.
The Children’s Ministry Director will be responsible for generating and executing the strategic direction for children’s ministry at City on a Hill Melbourne.
The role will entail developing the Sunday City Kids program of a new all-church learning model, as we seek to teach and equip our church with the whole counsel of God while fostering a culture of partnership with parents to disciple their children.
Fundamental to the role will be the recruitment, training the mobilisation of an increasing team of City Kids leaders with the goal of establishing City on a Hill Melbourne as a center of excellence and training.
In addition, the Children’s Ministry Director will explore and implement new and innovative ways to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known among the children and families of Melbourne.
Rate of engagement for the role is flexible - between 3 – 5 days per week, and will be determined in consultation with the appropriate applicant.
- Leading our children to Know Jesus and Make Jesus Known.
- Partnering with and equipping families to disciple their children.
- The identification, training, development and support of the volunteer team and key leaders
- Establishing and implementing an all-church learning model where the children are taught a tailored version of the material the adults are taught as we seek to teach the whole counsel of God.
- Leading the efficient and effective operations of the City Kids Sunday program.
- Identify and implement new innovative opportunities to make Jesus known to children in Melbourne.
- Praying specifically for children and their families
- Leading a culture and practice of safe ministry to children.
KEY SKILLS, GIFTING & CHARACTER
The following skills and experience are deemed essential for the fulfilment of this role:
- Fulfill the character qualifications outlined for a deacon in 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- At least 3 years experience in children’s ministry in an evangelical church.
- A proven track record of an ability to teach children.
- Training from an evangelical theological college or equivalent.
- A passion to embrace the vision and mission of City on a Hill.
- Have a deep commitment to team ministry, understanding the significance and power of the body of Christ and the Bible.
- Have an ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, manage time, and prioritize duties & responsibilities.
The following skills and experience are deemed desirable for the fulfilment of this role:
- At least 5 years experience in senior leadership of a large children’s ministry in an evangelical church.
- Completed Bachelor level theological training (or equivalent) at an evangelical college.
- Experience in the development of teaching curriculum for children’s ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to handle rapid organisational change.
To apply for the role, send your CV with cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to email@example.com