Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 2nd May 2018
Job Type: Part time
Closing Date: 31st May 2018
- To provide administrative support to the Rector in all aspects of parish administration.
Strategies: (including but not limited to -)
- To make final preparation of weekly service sheets, Keynotes, rosters, communication with members and staff, ordering supplies, arranging and controlling school scripture resources and bible study resources, distribution of meeting agenda, minutes, arranging meetings.
- Coordinate one-off projects
- Update website with new articles (training given)
- Manage Elvanto, church database
- Develop electronic filing, maintain paper filing
- Prepare occasional wedding and funeral services
- Arrange hall bookings
- Set up Risk Management processes
- Seek grant funding opportunities
- Arrange small maintenance jobs
Desired spiritual gifts: Organisation.
Skills and interests:
- Prayerful & Biblically formed life, with an active faith in Jesus Christ.
- Desire to help with many aspects of Parish Administration, by using skills of organisation, administration, computer literacy, planning and follow through to completion of assigned tasks.
- Accuracy in work presentation essential.
- General Bible knowledge.
- Experience at high organisational level in either secular or church environment.
- Computer competence - Internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database.
- Ability to use or learn Apple programs Pages, Keynote, Numbers, Safari & Mail.
- Ability to use initiative, work alone, conclude assignments, and work with the Rector.
- Current Working with Children Check.
Responsible for: Self.
Responsible to: The Rector, Rev. Craig Segaert
Works closely with: Other volunteers, staff and ministry leaders as necessary.
- 8 hours per week, split over Tuesday and Thursday.
Length of assignment:
- For 11 months with the option to extend.
- Commencement as soon as possible.
Training and development:
- Training in Apple computer programs if necessary.
- Training in Elvanto.
- Part-time position
- Clerks Private Sector Award MA000002, Level depending on experience.
- To be mutually agreed, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Applications with CV by 31/5/18 to firstname.lastname@example.org