Location: Coogee, NSW
Date advertised: 4th May 2022
Job Type: Full time
Closing Date: ASAP
We are now seeking a permanent Full-time Educator to join our beautiful service in Coogee. We are dedicated to providing high-quality Early Years Education, in line with Christian beliefs, the National Quality Framework and the St. Nic's Centre philosophy.
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about providing high-quality early childhood education and care.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to provide written, accurate documentation that supports practice and compliance requirements.
- Be committed to ongoing quality improvement.
- Have the ability to maintain positive relationships with all families and co-educators.
- Have an understanding of Christianity and an eagerness to work and participate in a Christian environment.
St. Nics' Christian Preschool (SNCP) offers quality childcare in a community/church-managed, community-based childcare centre for 39 children ranging from 2 to 5 years of age.
We aim to offer children and families a preschool where excellent Christian early childhood education and care are provided with Jesus at the heart of all we do. Through our safe and highly engaging play-based program, we aim to build relationships and connections between the St Nics’ Christian Preschool community and the St Nicolas’ Church community. We embed our Christian values throughout our program and curriculum, our values being deeply founded in the centrality of Jesus and God’s Word, the Bible.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have:
- Cert III/Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or ACECQA approved equivalent)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid (HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- Received all Covid-19 vaccinations and boosters or have a medical exemption.
You will be employed under the Children's Services Award 2010 with excellent working conditions, above award pay rates, paid overtime, opportunities for paid professional development, monthly RDOs, free flu vaccinations, paid First Aid and CPR qualifications (after one year service), bonus leave during Christmas Closure (after one year service) generous planning time and direct support from our Educational Leader and Director. You will also be supported by a parent/church Committee of Management.
To be eligible for employment you must have appropriate Australian or New Zealand work rights. Applications must include the following:
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience.